Thursday, December 10, 2015

PSA #3 Twenty is an accomplishment.

Well, I got started writing the second chapter to my novel last night, as I have been taking the time, regardless of if I have the time. If you want to fulfill your dream, you just have to go for it. You have to sacrifice part of who you are to be who you want to become. In my case, it's a little bit of sleep; but that's fine, because I finally hit twenty pages!

Now, you're probably thinking "but Jake, that's not hard at all. You literally just have to write to get to that point."While, I concede that point, I also will point out a trend in my writing. I rarely get past fifteen pages in writing a story (my fan fiction was a totally different story, but that's a different beast altogether).  So, I'm sitting here, drinking orange juice and listening to Two Steps From Hell to celebrate my accomplishment. It feels good. Now, I just need to write the rest of the story.

Anyway, I'm about to write more of chapter 2. Almost wrote chapter 3 there; just a little bit ahead of myself there, huh? Haha. Well, the writing continues onwards. Make sure to tell people you know about my blog too. Let's get this story popular and get the public's opinion on my story.

Oh, and here's a preview of chapter two for all you readers:




After a few moments, the suit had completed its activation cycle. Save for the whir of servos within the suit, it was silent. But he wasn’t alone; he could sense something sitting in the back of his consciousness. Frederik reached out and attempted to mentally poke Tallius.

You there?

The other presence tiptoed about his memories, moving with enough precision of a professional burglar breaking into a home. Frederik frowned.

Tallius, you there?

The presence, paused. Frederik, I am here. But your cortex is unfamiliar to me; I remember only your name, and a strange craving for my mother’s brownies.

Frederik smiled… But that quickly faded as he considered Tallius’ situation. He quickly recalled his training and mentally closed himself off to outsiders, which included Tallius. Did he lose all of his memory? I mean, Merrus said there could be complications, but that must suck, he thought. He got out of his mental block and addressed Tallius.

You don’t remember anything besides the brownies?

Affirmative. My coding tells me there is an error in my memory core, but I am unable to fix it as it is a hardware problem, not a software problem. Curious.

Frederik’s throat constricted. We’ll get you fixed up, Tallius. Don’t you worry. He closed his eyes and sighed.

Very well, Lieutenant.



Thanks for reading. Stay classy. And don't vote for Donald Trump. That guy's a jerk.
Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment